Friday, February 13, 2009

Purpose

I just returned from a walk with my weiner dog, and as I was looking at the houses in my neighborhood, I was wondering: what is it that I want to do with my life? Do I want to go to work everyday, return home, and just live everyday in the same old rut, week after week? Life is good, but is this the life I want to live everyday? Honestly, no! I want to live for the Lord, living a life full of adventure. Even if that means stepping out of my comfort zone and giving up my cushy life here, so be it. I just don't want to stay in this rut!

This summer, I want to go back to Haiti and bring hope to those people who don't have it. Some do; however, Satan's reach on that area is so strong that even believers in Haiti face a huge spiritual battle. I need to reach out to my community here and to my family and show them the mercy of God. I need to be real and learn to be selfless. I need to get out of this house!

No comments: