Friday, November 6, 2009

Big Emotions...all about Baby

Now, I have about T-50 days until we meet our precious baby. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I know that this baby is there...the little one moves constantly. Last night, in fact, Mike spent about 20 minutes just feeling the baby kick before we went to sleep. It was precious. And sometimes, when I lay down, the little booger likes to squirm and drive me crazy. At other times, I can feel a foot or a hand crowding out my belly (that is hard to describe and its a weird sensation).

I love this baby so much, but at the same time, I am scared to death of what is to come. Because this baby's gender is a surprise, I am even less prepared since I don't know what its name will be exactly. My fears more run in the range of...what is this baby going to be like, personality wise? What is this baby going to look like? How is our family dynamic going to change? Mike and I have been married for over 5 years, so a baby is going to be a huge change! Am I going to be crazy with emotions? Are we going to fight a lot?

I have no doubt that Mike and I will be good parents. I want Mike to call out if its a boy or girl when the baby comes out. I am looking forward to seeing him hold his baby...he is going to be the best daddy! Sometimes when I do get scared, it helps to realize that this baby is just an extension of Mike and I...our combined DNA, so it will be the most perfect baby for us...a perfect gift from God.

Ripe with emotions, all I have to say is that God will be with us through all these crazy changes.

No comments: