Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So much to be thankful for...

I went to Wal-mart today (the really nice store right off of I-35 and 15th St in Edmond), and noticed the bell ringers. My first thought was , "Wow, already?" And then as I passed the ringer, I realized that I should give something. Even a tiny amount, which I did. I have so much to be thankful for, especially right now, with Thanksgiving next week and Christmas in 38 days! I say this as my little baby quietly hiccups in my belly.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby to look for stockings to hang up on the mantle. I want new ones for Mike and I and one for the baby. While there, I looked at Christmas paraphernalia and realized how special this Christmas is. I get to celebrate the Savior and how He came to save the world! That means even more to me now, I think. And on top of that, I get to celebrate new life found in my first child!

I am so humbled beyond words! Gratefulness overflows from my heart, as I am blessed with this precious little one. I have so many friends who have not been able to get pregnant or have been and lost their baby due to miscarriage...I am just thankful to be so far along. I am thankful that this baby is healthy. I am thankful for my amazing husband, who will be an amazing daddy! And most of all, I am grateful for my God, who never ceases to give up on me, even when I know I don't deserve it!

So much to be thankful for...

No comments: